Last Updated: March 1, 2021
The Intuitive Foundation (“we,” “us”) takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal data.
- What personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
- Your choices regarding your personal data
- Information specific to non-U.S. users
Personal data means information that relates to you as an individually identifiable person, such as your name, e-mail address, and mobile number, or as defined by applicable law.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal data that you voluntarily share with us through the Sites and through the Requests. For example, we collect information from you when you fill out a form on the Sites, or when you submit a grant or other funding application or inquiry to us.
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- Your name, title, and contact details, such as address, phone number, and email address
- The names and contact details of other contacts or persons that you provide
- Resume, curriculum vitae, and other education or professional information, such as the number of surgical procedures you have performed
- Grant application details
- Information within a statement of work
- Financial information for your business, such as account information for purposes of grant payment or charges
b) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
When you access and use the Sites or when you submit a Request, Intuitive Foundation and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices, email programs, and browsers you use, including information about how you interact with the Sites. Collecting this information enhances our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. We describe below some methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Sites, we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we do not use your IP address to determine your identity. We also do not link your personal data to device identifier information, browser information, and IP addresses. Where, according to local law, IP addresses are considered personal data, we treat them as such.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Sites may not function properly.
We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser settings. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal data.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal data.
c) Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Sites with records received from third parties, which may include information from other users of the Site, government entities that make information publicly available, our partners, and other third-party service providers and organizations,. For example, if you access any social media or similar services through the Site to login or to share information about your experience on our Site with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve you and improve your experience on the Sites, and in your interactions with us. Some examples include:
- To evaluate and respond to grants and Requests, and to support other philanthropic activities (such as supporting local volunteer efforts, matching donations, providing information about philanthropic programs and opportunities, etc.)
- For legal purposes, including for complying with reporting requirements under applicable laws and regulations.
We retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out here, in accordance with applicable laws.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your personal data:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal data with third-party service providers to help us provide services to you. We require these third party service providers to provide safeguards for your personal data similar to the ones we provide. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal data and our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal data in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, government inquiries, or as otherwise required by law, and when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Intuitive Foundation, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent: We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or with your consent.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Sites, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Sites.
HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is important to us. We maintain reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, we restrict access to your personal data to only those who need the personal data to perform a specific job ). Personnel with access to personal data are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Please note that despite, our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may be entitled to request, in accordance with applicable law, access to, correction of, erasure of, or portability of your information or more information about our information practices. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access, update, correct, or delete your personal data.
a) IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents who use the Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to email@example.com.
INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO NON-U.S. USERS
a) All locations outside of the United States
The personal data collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by Intuitive Foundation. Intuitive Foundation is located in the United States. Intuitive Foundation may use your personal data for the purposes described in this policy, and disclose it to third parties as described in this policy.
Intuitive Foundation will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request to exercise your data rights as applicable.
b) European Economic Area and Switzerland
The information in this section, as well as the information in the section above titled “All locations outside of the United States”, applies to users in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland (collectively, the “EEA”).
Individuals in the EEA (“EEA Individuals”) are not required by statute or by contract to provide any personal data to the Sites. Intuitive Foundation will not use EEA Individuals’ personal data submitted through the Sites for automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
Cross-Border Data Transfers:
The personal data collected through the Sites will be transferred to the United States. The recipients of personal data collected through the Sites are located in the United States or in the country where the data was collected. The European Commission has not issued a determination that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Legal Bases For Processing:
Intuitive Foundation processes your personal data with your consent and as required and allowed by law. In addition, Intuitive Foundation processes your personal data as necessary, for example, when processing your grant applications, and to take steps to respond to your Requests and to, if applicable, enter into a contract with you. Intuitive Foundation also processes personal data as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
- Marketing and advertising: Unless you opt out as described below, we use your personal data regarding products and services you have ordered, or in which you have otherwise demonstrated an interest, as necessary to provide you information about the products and services that we think might interest you in accordance with applicable law.
- Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine personal data that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Direct Marketing or Legitimate Interests:
EEA Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal data for purposes of Intuitive Foundation’s direct marketing or legitimate interests by contacting Intuitive Foundation at email@example.com.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their personal data collected by the Site and to request that Intuitive Foundation update, correct, or delete their personal data as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, Intuitive Foundation’s processing of their personal data.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their personal data. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from Intuitive Foundation, or to ask Intuitive Foundation to send to a third party, a digital copy of the personal data that they provided to the Site. EEA Individuals’ right to access their personal data includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their personal data in Intuitive Foundation’s possession as long as Intuitive Foundation’s providing the personal data would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
EEA Individuals can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Intuitive Foundation will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable data protection law. If EEA Individuals believe that their personal data has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
EEA Individuals may use the contact information above, at any time, to withdraw their consent for the processing of their personal data where Intuitive Foundation requires their consent as a legal basis for processing their personal data. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and Intuitive Foundation will continue to retain the personal data that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
Data Protection Office:
You can reach the Intuitive Foundation data protection office at email@example.com.