Last Updated: December 1, 2018
The Intuitive Foundation takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal data.
- What personal data we collect
- How we use your personal data
- How we share your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
- Your choices regarding your personal data
- Information specific to non-U.S. users
Personal data means information that relates to you as an individually identifiable person, such as your name, e-mail address, and mobile number.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal data that you voluntarily share with us through the Site and through grant and other funding requests. For example, we collect information from you when you fill out a request form on the Site or when you submit a grant application to us.
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- Your name and contact details
- The names and contact details of other administrative contacts or departmental recipients that you provide
- Resume, curriculum vitae and other professional information
- Grant application details
- Information within a statement of work
- The number of procedures that you have performed
- Financial information for your business
b) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Intuitive Foundation and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Site, we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. We do not link your personal data to device identifier information, browser information, and IP addresses. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered personal data, then we treat them as such.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
We include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags”, “web bugs” or “clear GIFs”), on the Site. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal data.
c) Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Site with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
d) Information You Provide To A Third Party
- PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve you and improve your experience on the Site. Some examples include:
- To evaluate grants and support other philanthropic activities
- For legal purposes
We retain your personal data for as long as legally required for reporting and legal compliance.
We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your personal data:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal data with third-party service providers under contract with Intuitive Foundation to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal data and our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal data to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Third-party Processors: Through the Site, you transmit your order and payment information to a third-party order and payment processor.
We require these third-party service providers, by written agreement, to provide safeguards for your personal data similar to the ones that we provide.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal data in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal data when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Intuitive Foundation, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
- HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal data from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, we restrict access to your personal data. Only those who need the personal data to perform a specific job (for example, a grant analyzer) are granted access to personal data. Employees with access to personal data are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to close your browser after you have completed your visit to the Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access, update, correct, and delete your personal data.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents who use the Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to email@example.com.
- INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO NON-U.S. USERS
a) All locations outside of the United States
The personal data collected through the Site is downloaded to a server maintained by Intuitive Foundation. Intuitive Foundation is located in the United States. Intuitive Foundation may use your personal data for the purposes described in the section above titled “Purposes For Which We Use The Personal Data We Collect” and disclose it to third parties as described in the section above titled “How We Share The Personal Data We Collect.”
Intuitive Foundation will comply with requests to exercise individual data rights in accordance with applicable law. You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request to exercise your data rights.
b) European Economic Area and Switzerland
The information in this section, as well as the information in the section above titled “All locations outside of the United States”, applies to users in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland (collectively, the “EEA”).
Individuals in the EEA (“EEA Individuals”) are not required by statute or by contract to provide any personal data to the Site. Intuitive Foundation will not use EEA Individuals’ personal data submitted through the Site for automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effects or similarly significantly affects the EEA Individual.
Cross-Border Data Transfers:
The personal data collected through the Site will be transferred to the United States. The recipients of personal data collected through the Site (listed in Section 3 above) are located in the United States or in the country where the data was collected. The European Commission has not issued a determination that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Legal Bases For Processing:
Intuitive Foundation processes your personal data with your consent and as required by law. In addition, Intuitive Foundation processes your personal data as necessary for the performance of the contract, for example, when processing your grant applications and to take steps, at your request, before entering into a contract with you. Intuitive Foundation also processes personal data as necessary for its legitimate interests as follows:
- Marketing and advertising: Unless you opt out as described below, we use your personal data regarding products and services you have ordered, or in which you have otherwise demonstrated an interest, as necessary to provide you information about the products and services that we think might interest you in accordance with applicable law.
- Network and information security, fraud prevention, and reporting suspected criminal acts: In the event of fraud, a security incident, or a suspected criminal act, we would examine personal data that appeared to be linked to the incident as necessary to determine what happened, remediate, report to the authorities, and prevent a recurrence.
Right to Object to Processing for Direct Marketing or Legitimate Interests:
EEA Individuals have the right to object to the processing of their personal data for purposes of Intuitive Foundation’s direct marketing or legitimate interests by contacting Intuitive Foundation at email@example.com.
EEA Individuals have the right to access their personal data collected by the Site and to request that Intuitive Foundation update, correct, or delete their personal data as provided by applicable law. EEA Individuals also have the right to object to, or restrict, Intuitive Foundation’s processing of their personal data.
In addition, EEA Individuals have the right to data portability concerning their personal data. Subject to certain limitations, the right to data portability allows EEA Individuals to obtain from Intuitive Foundation, or to ask Intuitive Foundation to send to a third party, a digital copy of the personal data that they provided to the Site. EEA Individuals’ right to access their personal data includes their right to receive a copy of all, or a portion, of their personal data in Intuitive Foundation’s possession as long as Intuitive Foundation’s providing the personal data would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
EEA Individuals can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Intuitive Foundation will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable data protection law. If EEA Individuals believe that their personal data has been processed in violation of applicable data protection law, they have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the country where they reside, where they work, or where the alleged violation occurred.
EEA Individuals may use the contact information above, at any time, to withdraw their consent for the processing of their personal data where Intuitive Foundation requires their consent as a legal basis for processing their personal data. Any withdrawal will apply only prospectively, and Intuitive Foundation will continue to retain the personal data that EEA Individuals provided before they withdrew their consent for as long as allowed or required by applicable law.
Data Protection Office:
You can reach the Intuitive Foundation data protection office at email@example.com.